Melodya is an advanced melody generator and motive editor plugin.
Available for Windows (VST, VST3) and macOS (VST, VST3, AU) with Apple M1 support.
Melodya is an advanced motive editor and melody generator which is simple to use but at the same time it offers many detailed settings for deeper control. It not just creates new melodies, it can also mutate existing melodies in different ways. The generated melody can be freely edited.
• motive editor and one-click melody generation based on detailed rhythm and shape options
• advanced rhythm mapping algorithm that makes separation of shape and rhythm possible
• several melodic and rhythmic transformations used in famous, well-known melodies
• chords track: generate melody for a chord progression!
• chords track playback with or without voice leading
• suitable for modern genres: a “Modern” rhythm generator is included (+2 others)
• a simple single-page UI which is fully customizable (colors, fonts, keyboard shortcuts...)
• MIDI file import. The dropped MIDI file can be split into melody sections that can be changed or regenerated
• melody generation and mutating an existing melody for a single click
• simple activation. No internet connection is required for activation or operation
Windows: download installer (VST, VST3)
(system requirements: Windows Vista/7/8/10 (32-bit or 64-bit), DAW with VST or VST3 support)
macOS: download installer (VST, VST3, AU)
(system requirements: macOS 10.11 - 12.0 (Intel or Apple Silicon), DAW with VST, VST3 or AU MIDI FX support)
No internet required to run the demo or full versions.
• shape and rhythm is separated. Due to the advanced rhythm mapping algorithms you can use the same motive shape with multiple rhythm patterns, or the same rhythm with multiple shapes, as often happens in top hits regardless of the music genre
• several melodic and rhythmic transformations used: inversion, contour transformation, rhythm displacement, inserting lead-in notes, inserting connecting notes to mention a few.
• detailed melody and rhythm options with 3 rhythm generators included
• 2 different workflows supported: create an interesting melody, then harmonize it, OR generate melody for a chord progression